Sonar will remove unwanted weeds from your lake or pond for a year or longer with a single treatment. No other aquatic herbicide on the planet is more effective on duckweed, period. Unlike other aquatic herbicides, Sonar has no restrictions on water use after application. Swimmers can still swim. Fisherman can still fish. Livestock can still drink. Check the label for irrigation precautions. Sonar has been the product of choice for professional aquatic applicators from Florida to California for the past fifteen years. Sonar is the most effective and cost-efficient treatment you can buy for the selective, long-term control of undesirable weeds. Now homeowners can enjoy the benefits of time-tested application methods and materials developed by SePRO scientists to reclaim lost waters in some of the largest and most environmentally sensitive lakes in the United States. SePRO is the recognized world leader in advancing the science of aquatic plant management. Trust your pond to SePRO and Sonar.
- Sonar A.S. can be applied starting in early spring, at the first sign of weeds floating to the surface, through midsummer.
- The dose for the first Sonar A.S. application is normally one (1) quart per surface acre depending upon depth (see product label).
- The labeled rate for Sonar A.S. should be split and applied in two applications about 10 - 14 days apart.
- Plants should start turning white as control begins in 15 to 30 days. It may take 30 to 90 days for final results.
- Product labe and instructions for use can be found at: http://www.sepro.com/documents/SonarAS_Label.pdf