Goldfish come in a range of sizes and looks that is truly amazing. Fancy Goldfish
is the most encompassing and thorough treatment of the fancy goldfish hobby to date. With photographs, essays, and instructions from a variety of experts, this book will provide readers with all they need to embark on the fascinating hobby of raising fancy goldfish.
Fish veterinarian Dr. Johnson writes extensively on goldfish health and disease, including microscopy techniques, diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of the full span of goldfish diseases. In a helpful and accessible "frequently asked questions" format, Richard Hess provides a general introduction to all aspects of the hobby, from selecting the best fish, aquarium setup, maintenance, feeding, sexing and breeding, and keeping fish healthy. Jackie and Louis Chan, major exporters of fancy goldfish from China, discuss the tradition of goldfish appreciation in China, and a chapter on Japanese goldfish describes the history and standards of uniquely Japanese varieties and the techniques and secrets of Japanese breeders. Izhak Kroshinsky, a leading breeder of Ranchu in America, describes his methods for cultivating a superior strain over the last twenty-five years. With over 100 color photographs of beautiful specimens and rare varieties by Fred Rosenzweig, this book is a stunning visual reference as well.
- Overall Dimensions: 31" L x 27" W x 6" H (See inner dimensions on chart in image as rocks taper)
- Durable, UV protected will not fade in the sun or crack in cold weather; Commercial grade construction stands up to elements
- RealrockTM material provides the realistic rock features; Color may vary slightly from one rock to the next.
- IDEAL CONCEALING APPLICATIONS: Septic risers and manhole lids up to 24" in Diam; Water garden skimmers and filtration covers; Irrigation valve box access lids; Utility access covers for buried vaults
- Lightweight, easy to move, very durable